Saturday, December 16, 2006

Wish List

Christmas is just around the corner.

Since everyone I know have a Christmas wish list already, I thought of creating my own although this particular list is not just for the holiday season but for the entire year. My aim is to get as much of these items as possible in the coming year.
  • My own car. I am already going to graduate with an MBA degree and I intend to work my ass off the coming year so I'm hoping that I get to save enough money to buy one. That or I get hired by a company that provides one to its employees.
  • A laptop. As I've said, I intend to work next year. What else can boost my productivity other than a brand new laptiop with a high speed processor, gigabit RAM and Wifi Internet connectivity? Heck... I can already imagine myself hanging out at a nearby Starbucks doing my reports and presentations.
  • A mobile phone. But not just any mobile phone, I want the latest, slimmest phone in the market with a megapixel camera and MP3 playback capability.
  • A 17" TV. I'm not asking for a Flatscreen TV nor an LCD TV. A CRT will do. I just want to watch TV while getting ready to sleep.
  • A DVD player. Since I want a TV, I want a DVD player to go with it. I am not looking for a particular brand as long as the player can support all kinds of disc formats and has 5.1 surround capabilities for...
  • A 5.1 speaker system. What's good with having a TV and a DVD player if you can't listen to it properly. A set of 5.1 speaker system from Creative Labs will do. I have a small room anyway.
  • An Xbox or PS3. I want to hook it up to my TV and speaker system and play NBA Live or Madden Football.
  • A digital camera with at least 4MP of resolution so I can share with you guys whatever I think is worth sharing. Whether you like it or not.
Looking back at my list, I realize that these are all going to be placed in my room except, of course, the car which will not fit in my room no matter how much I want to sleep with it and the laptop which will not be of much use if it stays in my room while I am at work.

But before I can start buying these things, I have to buy a couple of things for my room first:
  • An office/work table.
  • A cabinet for my books and other various items.
  • A bedside table where I can place...
  • A bedside lamp. I want to be able to read while lying in bed.
  • A carpet or the flooring that's in my youngest brother's room. The tiles in my room can get pretty cold and the airconditioning system makes matters worse.
I guess I have my spending schedule cut out for me for the coming year.

No comments: