Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Package Deal

Funny how life can bring you surprises.

I attended a reunion of my elementary and high school classmates from Diliman Preparatory School last Saturday, December 9, 2006. There I got to see again a lot of my former classmates.

One person that I really am thankful to see there was Katherine Samson, although Samson's not her surname back then. She got married back in 2001 and had a kid from a guy who also works for the same company where she works. They got separated a couple of months after she saw her husband cheating on her.

Anyway, I saw her and we talked. I asked her how she's been. Soon, I asked for her mobile number and we ended up texting the next day. Afterwards, we ended up having dinner at Teriyaki Boy along Tomas Morato Ave. in Quezon City.

While we were talking, I managed to learn quite a few things about her, namely:

  1. That she's a very impulsive person. If she wants to go with you to, say, Tagaytay or to the Mall of Asia, I say you go with her because she is serious about it. "I might have no other chance to go there so might as well seize the moment," she said.
  2. That she wants to take things slow from now on in terms of her going into another relationship. Hey! I can't blame her. After getting cheated on in her past relationships, I can understand if she wants to take it slow. Not that I am already courting her. I want to take things slow too. Especially now that I want a serious relationship.
  3. Like me, she also wants to experience bungee jumping and sky diving. Hell! We pass this way only once in our lifetime so why not enjoy it? It's also a good way to die.
  4. That she's open to having a relationship right now.
Now, this girl is really special. She's interesting. She's pretty. She's funny. She's frank.

I feel that I am willing to take this relationship a bit further rather than just stay as being friends or, as I call it, dinner buddies. One thing that I am, somehow, not comfortable with is the fact that she already has a 5-year old kid. People might call it a "package deal" where I get to have a girlfriend AND a son at the same time.

Some people will pass on this arrangement. Some people will not. Me? I dunno. I really have to think about it.

Help me out! What do you think about it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi...just reading your blogs. =D nice posts!